Schluter®-DITRA is a polyethylene membrane with a grid structure of square cavities, each cut back in a dovetail configuration, and an anchoring fleece laminated to the underside. The anchoring fleece is embedded in thin-set mortar to provide a mechanical bond to the substrate. Tile is installed over DITRA using the thin-bed method in such a way that the mortar becomes mechanically anchored in the square, cutback cavities of the matting. Designed specifically for ceramic tile and dimension stone installations, DITRA serves as an uncoupling layer, waterproofing membrane, and vapor management layer that accommodates moisture from beneath the tile covering. Further, DITRA performs all these functions while still providing adequate support/load distribution for the tile covering. The combination of these four essential functions allows for the successful installation of tile over a wide range of substrates, including plywood/ OSB, concrete, gypsum, heated floors, etc. DITRA is 1/8" (3 mm) thick, which minimizes tile assembly thickness and reduces transitions to lower surface coverings (e.g., carpet, engineered wood, and vinyl). DITRA allows for ceramic tile application over single-layer plywood or OSB subfloors on joists spaced up to 19.2" (488 mm) o.c.
- Provides uncoupling, waterproofing, vapor management, and heavy load distribution to ensure the durability and integrity of tile installations
- DITRA has a nominal 1/8" (3 mm)-thickness which minimizes tile assembly thickness and reduces transitions to lower surface coverings
- Can be installed on top of concrete, plywood, OSB, gypsum, existing vinyl floors, structural planks, sub-floors, and radiant heated floors
- Features a grid structure of square cutback cavities and an anchoring fleece laminated to the underside which is bonded to the surface of the substrate and prevents thin-set from filling the cavities
- Quick and easy to install; few tools required and ready to receive tile immediately